• Choir4:22
  • Musical1:15
  • Flower Festival0:39

 The People

  more than just a building

  more than just a building

In the Autumn of 1908 a deputation from the newly formed Holiness Church of Parkhead, Glasgow visited a Saturday evening Tea Meeting held by members of the United Free Church in George Street (now Glenburn Church of Scotland). The deputation made a lasting impact, resulting in Charles Rose, leader of a gospel choir at the church, and some of the choir members deciding to hold regular meetings to promote the message of Holiness.


The first meeting was held on Saturday 10th of Ocotber in the Good Templars Halls. An evangelistic mission was held in the YMCA building in February 1909 at which the invited preacher was the American, Dr A. M. Hills. As a result of the mission, it was decided to separate from the United Free Church. On the 4th of March 1909, the Paisley Pentecostal Church was formedwith forty charter members. Shortly after, the new church joined with a small group of like-minded churches in the Glasgow area to form the Pentecostal Church of Scotland.


In 1915 this small denomination united with the Pentecostal Church of the Nazarene, which had its headquarters in Kansas City, USA, to form and International Church. In 1919 Pentecostal was dropped from the denominations name

 The People